207 N. Wright
Local MSSS Grant Eligible
Located in National Register District
Constructed around 1905 this single-story frame constructed commercial building first appears as a seed store surrounded by brick veneer north of the Lakeside Hotel. After the seed store, the building spent a time as an upholstery. Currently, it serves as additional rooms for the Crown Hotel.
The storefront has changed significantly since its construction. Originally, the storefront appears to have had a recessed entrance lighted by large display windows and transoms. Today, the structure is composed of aluminum frame casement windows flanking two single-leaf entrances. Most of the original window perimeters are visible surrounding the current openings. Due to these alterations, this structure is considered non-contributing to the historic district; however, depending on when the alterations took place, it might be reconsidered as contributing with enough historical evidence.
For more information on this building’s history, contact the Siloam Springs Museum at Don@siloamspringsmuseum.com. For information on building improvement consultation, grants and tax credit opportunities, contact Main Street Siloam Springs at email@example.com.
Building with awning just past Lakeside Hotel, c. 1905, Siloam Springs Museum.
207 N. Wright, d. 2020, Main Street Siloam Springs.