123 S. Broadway
Historic Tax Credit Eligible
Qualified Opportunity Zone
Located in National Register District
Local MSSS Grant Eligible
Constructed in 1916, the building became Rice’s Domino Parlor (pool hall) in the 1920s. Today, it is home to Elrod Law Firm. The two story brick masonry structure is composed of brown brick. The metal framed storefront currently has single pane stationary windows and a central entrance; likely, the original storefront was made of wood. The upper facade facing Broadway displays two one-over-one double-hung windows with arches resting on rusticated stone sills. Currently these windows are covered by awnings. The arched segments at the back of the building give a good indication of what lies beneath the awnings on the front facade.
Dentil brickwork surrounds the western and southern elevations. On the southern elevation, facing Alpine, the upper story has seven one-over-one double-hung windows (not arched). The first story of the southern elevation has three small windows towards the front, three larger windows at the rear and several entrances. One of these entrances possessed a round arch. The northern elevation brick is different from the other elevations, more like the rear elevation, indicating the construction financer believed the southern wall would be in public view more often. The building remains contributing on the National Register for the Siloam Springs Historic District.
For more information on this building’s history, contact the Siloam Springs Museum at Don@siloamspringsmuseum.com. For information on building improvement consultation, grants and tax credit opportunities, contact Main Street Siloam Springs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Broadway looking north, c. 1960, Siloam Springs Museum.
Elrod Law Firm, d. 2020, Main Street Siloam Springs.