117-119 S. Broadway
Historic Tax Credit Eligible
Qualified Opportunity Zone
Local MSSS Grant Eligible
Located in National Register District
Jones General Motors building, also known as the Feemster building, was constructed around 1926 as a single-story brick masonry commercial structure. It is distinguished by an expansive façade constructed as a combination automobile showroom and service station. Following its time as Jones Supply Company Garage, the building later became Carl Chevrolet and then Feemster’s Chevrolet. In the 1950s, the beauty shop, Beauty Nook, occupied the southern storefront. Today, it is the home to retail and restaurant spaces, including Tintos & Tapas, Madison Avenue Downtown Flair, a residential loft, and the Brick Ballroom, an event venue housed in the rear showroom.
The building has been remarkably unaltered, the storefront composed of two double entrances (one retaining its original doors), two street facing garage doors, and single-pane stationary display windows light the rest of the western elevation. Three to six window transoms sit above each opening. Originally the building possessed gas pumps in front. The building’s masonry displays symmetrically decorative brickwork and diamond shaped tiling. In 2018, the Feemster building was a recipient of state and federal tax credits for historic rehabilitation due to the efforts of building owner Heather Lanker. The building is contributing to the Siloam Springs Historic Commercial District due to preservation efforts over the decades and its most recent rehabilitation work.
For more information on this building’s history, contact the Siloam Springs Museum at Don@siloamspringsmuseum.com. For information on building improvement consultation, grants and tax credit opportunities, contact Main Street Siloam Springs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parade on Broadway, c. 1930, Siloam Printing Collection.
General Motors Building, d. 2020, Main Street Siloam Springs.