109 W. University
Historic Tax Credit Eligible
Local MSSS Grant Eligible
Located in National Register District
First appearing in the Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps in 1922, this building was constructed as an extension of Henry’s Hardware with a grocery warehouse in the rear. Today it is operated by Occasions, home, lifestyle, and gift shop retailer.
The building is remarkably preserved and exhibits traditional early 20th century storefront features. Constructed as a single-story brick masonry commercial building, this structure is decorated by brick corbelling and pilasters, lighted by two single pane stationary display windows with five pane light transoms and possesses a single-leaf recessed entrance lighted by a three-pane transom. The only injury to the façade is that its historic masonry is now painted. As a result of previous preservation efforts, this building is contributing on the National Register.
For more information on this building’s history, contact the Siloam Springs Museum at Don@siloamspringsmuseum.com. For information on building improvement consultation, grants and tax credit opportunities, contact Main Street Siloam Springs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Henry’s Hardware behind Crown Hotel, c. 1930, Siloam Springs Museum.
Occasions, d. 2020, Main Street Siloam Springs.