109 N. Broadway
Qualified Opportunity Zone
Historic Tax Credit Eligible
Local MSSS Grant Eligible
Located in National Register District
Constructed in c. 1905, the Marshall Building first serviced Siloam Springs as a harness and saddlery shop. It is a single-story brick masonry structure with one interior brick chimney and rests on a stone foundation. In the 1960s it held the Kinneman Studio. Currently, the building operates as Broadway Barbershop.
The structure displays a traditional storefront with two large stationary windows and a single-leaf entrance, covered by three transom windows. Today, the upper façade possesses modest brickwork. Sometime between 1940 and 1950, the original pressed metal cornice was removed. Apart from the removal of the metal cornice during war years, this building is distinctly well-preserved and, therefore, holds contributing status on the National Register for Siloam Springs Historic Commercial District.
For more information on this building’s history, contact the Siloam Springs Museum at Don@siloamspringsmuseum.com. For information on building improvement consultation, grants and tax credit opportunities, contact Main Street Siloam Springs at email@example.com.
Dale Robinson shoveling snow, March 1948, Siloam Springs Museum.
Broadway looking northeast on Central, d. 2020, Main Street Siloam Springs.