106 S. Broadway
Qualified Opportunity Zone
Local MSSS Grant Eligible
Located in National Register District
The Lee building was constructed around c. 1910 as a one and one-half story brick masonry structure, and first serviced the downtown as a stationary shop. Currently the building holds the offices of John T. Lee, Attorney at Law.
Though the Sanborn Fire Insurance maps grant insight to its material evolution, there is little photographic reference to what this building might’ve looked like originally. Only an oblique view, shot around 1947, provides a hint. This photograph displays the mid-century alternations rather than the original façade. In this scene, the façade is covered in stucco and four to five small windows appear on the upper façade.
The façade was re-bricked in 1985, past the historic period of significance. Originally flush with the rest of the block and possessing full display windows, the façade is now beveled, hiding the entrance from street view. Due to these alterations, the building is considered non-contributing by the National Register.
For more information on this building’s history, contact the Siloam Springs Museum at Don@siloamspringsmuseum.com. For information on building improvement consultation, grants and tax credit opportunities, contact Main Street Siloam Springs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
John T. Lee Law Office, 2020, Main Street Siloam Springs.