104 S. Broadway
Qualified Opportunity Zone
Local MSSS Grant Eligible
Located in National Register District
The Dixon building was constructed around 1910 and first serviced the downtown as a telegraph and express office. Later it became a printing shop. It is currently occupied by Edward Jones services.
Originally, the façade most resembled the traditional form displayed by 102 N. Broadway, with large display windows, transom windows, framed by brick piers, and topped with decorative brick or a metal pressed cornice. Today, the façade is lighted by narrow three-over-six pane windows, is missing its transom windows and decorative cornice, and the upper portion and the piers are covered in stucco. Due to alterations of the façade, the building is designated as non-contributing by the National Register. Little else is known about this building’s history and its merchants over the years.
For more information on this building’s history, contact the Siloam Springs Museum at Don@siloamspringsmuseum.com. For information on building improvement consultation, grants and tax credit opportunities, contact Main Street Siloam Springs at email@example.com.
Broadway looking southwest, d. 1947, Siloam Springs Museum.
Edward Jones, d. 2020, Main Street Siloam Springs.