103 N. Broadway
Local MSSS Grant Eligible
Qualified Opportunity Zone
Located in National Register District
Constructed c. 1910, the Brown-McVay commercial building was initially a shoe cobbler’s mend and repair shop. In the 1930s it belonged to a plumber, and in the 1940s it operated as the Rosemont Café. Today, it is home to Redeemer Presbyterian Church offices.
Before alteration, the structure reflected an archetypal 20th century standard storefront. It was constructed as a single-story brick masonry structure built on a continuous stone foundation lighted by stationary storefront windows and an asymmetrical entryway. Sometime following the 1940s, the façade was completely altered, where the brick is now covered in stucco. A valuable comparison can be made with its neighbor, 109 N. Broadway, to detect what the building resembled before these changes.
The building currently displays architectural features molded with synthetic stucco. Due to these adaptations by previous owners, the building no longer holds a contributing status with the National Register, and, its historic integrity diminished, is considered a non-contributing structure to the historic downtown district.
For more information on this building’s history, contact the Siloam Springs Museum at Don@siloamspringsmuseum.com. For information on building improvement consultation, grants and tax credit opportunities, contact Main Street Siloam Springs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rosemont Café, c. 1948, Siloam Springs Museum.
Redeemer Presbyterian, d. 2020, Main Street Siloam Springs.