UPDATE JULY 28, 2016: THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED.
Main Street Siloam Springs is seeking an excellent, qualified and passionate individual to administer the daily operations of the organization; to implement, plan, and coordinate all aspects of downtown revitalization, including downtown promotions, economic vitality, and design.
A successful candidate should have knowledge of, or experience in, as many of the following fields as possible: historic preservation, economic development, urban planning, real estate, nonprofit administration, special events and marketing, and volunteer management. Also essential are strong interpersonal and team-building skills, superior organizational skills, supervisory experience and the ability to work independently with a flexible schedule.
The executive director will administrate all details related to the running of Main Street Siloam Springs and will report to the Main Street Siloam Springs Board President. Tasks will include accounting, fundraising & grant-seeking, event planning, marketing and communication, and community engagement. Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Work with staff to pay all bills and send & track accurate invoices as needed for event sponsors, registrants, etc. Keep accurate records of all accounts.
- Plan and execute an annual investor campaign. Execute all event sponsorship obligations. Maintain frequent contact with donors and sponsors throughout the year.
- Plan monthly Board Meetings and prepare all appropriate reports.
- Work with event coordinator to plan and host all annual events, including Farmers Market, the Main Event, and the Homegrown Festival as the largest of those events. Manage volunteer committees as appropriate.
- Work with event coordinator to manage social media accounts and website.
- Execute all details of Main Street Siloam Springs’ contract for services with the City of Siloam Springs, which includes contracting grant writers where appropriate to seek out and manage grant funds for downtown related projects. Attend City Board Meetings whenever possible.
- Maintain frequent contact with downtown business and property owners
- Keep track of downtown property and business developments, record current rental rates and significant developments, and send a monthly report as required to Main Street Arkansas on these downtown reinvestment statistics.
- Advocate for the implementation of the Siloam Springs Downtown & Connectivity Master Plan.
Qualifications and Experience
The executive director should possess the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in one or more of the following fields: historic preservation, economic development, urban planning, real estate, nonprofit administration, special events and marketing, or volunteer management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project-management skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter; experience and aptitude managing long-distance internal and external relationships.
- Attention to detail and problem solving, with a demonstrated capacity to meet deadlines and a commitment to customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- A commitment to the mission of the Main Street Siloam Springs.
- Unquestionable ethics and personal integrity.
- A high level of discretion, judgment and confidentiality for both business and personal affairs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects and/or controls. The employee is required to sit, walk, talk and hear, and move/carry files. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
About Main Street Siloam Springs
Main Street Siloam Springs is a 501c3 non-profit preservation-based economic development organization. Our mission is to preserve and enhance historic downtown Siloam Springs as a vibrant destination through four focus areas: building and maintaining a sustainable organization, encouraging and empowering good design, promoting individual businesses and downtown as a whole, and activating economic vitality through business services and urban planning efforts. Main Street Siloam Springs is a passionate enthusiast of downtown Siloam Springs and the catalyst for many development projects and exciting events in downtown Siloam Springs.
Siloam Springs is a community of approximately 15,000 in western Benton County in Northwest Arkansas. Downtown Siloam Springs is approximately half a square mile in size, and includes a National Register Historic District with 58 buildings, 36 of which are contributing to the district.
Main Street Siloam Springs is a fully accredited Main Street Arkansas City, and works closely with Main Street Arkansas and the National Main Street Center to maintain accreditation and serve the community of Siloam Springs.
With a staff of two, including the director position, along with seasonal interns, a working Board of Directors, and other volunteers, Main Street Siloam Springs accomplishes a great many things each year. Some of our accomplishments over the last five years include:
- Leveraging donor investments to obtain over a half a million dollars of grant funds for various projects
- 13 buildings downtown have been significantly or completely renovated or restored, and three more projects are on the way
- Over 15,000 volunteer hourshave been contributed to downtown events and projects and cleanups
- Siloam Springs was named one of the Top 4 Best Main Streets in Americaby Parade Magazine in 2014
- Siloam Springs has won 12 awards from Main Street Arkansas, including the “Spirit of Main Street” Award in 2014
- $430,000 in Historic Preservation Tax Credits have been utilized in downtown Siloam Springs preservation projects
- 30 new businesses have openedand sustained business, creating 91 new jobs
- A vibrant calendar of events, including the Siloam Springs Farmers Market and the Homegrown Festival, keeps visitors coming often to downtown
- In 2014, Main Street facilitated the creation of the Siloam Springs Downtown & Connectivity Master Plan. The City adopted the final plan in August 2014. In March of this year, voters approved a dedicated funding source for quality of life improvements, which helps ensure the implementation of the plan.
- In 2014, four public art pieces, including a large mural, were completed downtown as part of Main Street’s “Beyond the Frame” event series.
- Main Street created the Downtown Design Guide and has distributed over 13 Facade Mini-Grants
Job Compensation and Benefits, Application Information
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Some travel will be necessary.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and references to Meredith Bergstrom at email@example.com referencing “Executive Director Posting”.
Please be sure to reference the job responsibilities and your relevant qualifications and experience in your cover letter, and explain clearly how your skills and experience would be a good fit.