Make a difference in your downtown community! Main Street Siloam Springs welcomes you to apply to be on our Board of Directors!
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE AT 9AM ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 17TH.
***Please note that if you are selected, we ask that you be available on Monday, November 27th from 9am-4pm for our annual board retreat. This will be a great way to learn about the organization and join the team!
First, please open the application by clicking HERE (will open in a new tab), print, fill out, and sign. Second, please read and sign the Board Agreement by clicking HERE. Please scan and email both completed documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Board Application” in the subject line.
Siloam Springs, ARK. — Main Street Siloam Springs, Inc. is seeking an eager, qualified professional to join our staff in the work of preserving and enhancing downtown Siloam Springs as a vibrant destination where our community springs to life.
The open position will offer 15 hours of work each week as Events and Marketing Coordinator; however applicants must have a flexible schedule that will allow them to be available to 20-30 hours a week for special trainings and before events. The compensation range is $13 -$15/hour, dependent upon experience, and will report directly to Main Street Siloam Springs’ Executive Director. Expected start date is June 12, 2017 (or sooner, if convenient for the chosen applicant).
The Events and Marketing Coordinator will report directly to the Main Street Siloam Springs Executive Director and focus primarily on the organization’s events and marketing. The position will help plan and execute all events in Main Street’s yearly calendar by serving as an active leader of Main Street event committees, and will therefore work closely with board members and committee volunteers. This person will also develop resources for the organization by executing event sponsorship obligations, and manage/develop branding and marketing materials. This team member will promote events and downtown businesses through social media and e-newsletter marketing. He or she will work at all times with the Main Street team to maintain a balanced and transparent budget, keep organized financial and donor records, and communicate with volunteers to provide leadership and support.
Main Street is seeking an applicant who will actively strive to understand the culture and brand aesthetic of the organization and of downtown, and who can bring creativity and enthusiasm to their role. Applicants must be organized, efficient, and able to think proactively and linearly about details and tasks for upcoming events and projects. This staff member will be expected at all times to maintain excellent communication etiquette, respect others and help other staff when possible, and seek to fulfill the vision and mission of Main Street Siloam Springs. Fluency in Spanish is a highly valued ability. Applicants should expect some level of physical rigor, including walking throughout the downtown district regularly, as well as lifting boxes and transporting materials as necessary for projects and events. Mileage will be reimbursed at the average rate.
Applicants with experience in event production, marketing and/or communications are preferred. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud is preferred. Proficiency in Word and Excel is required.
Main Street Siloam Springs, Inc., a 501c3 non-profit organization, is a downtown revitalization program that enacts economic development through historic preservation. An accredited National Main Street Center member, Main Street Siloam Springs works in the areas of design, organization, promotion and economic restructuring to preserve and enhance downtown Siloam Springs as a vibrant destination where the community springs to life.
Interested applicants should send an email with subject title “Events and Marketing Application” and attachment(s): a one page cover letter, along with a résumé and contact information for three references by June 2, 2017 to:
Executive Director, Main Street Siloam Springs
Halloween is fast approaching! Some of our fantastic Downtown Siloam Springs businesses will hand out candy between 3:30 and 5:30 p.m. on October 31st. Beyond that, Main Street encourages you to check out many events happening all over Siloam Springs, hosted by other great community organizations. Stay tuned on our facebook page for more information about these events, and our upcoming Kids Day and pumpkin patch at the Homegrown Festival on October 8th!
Meet our new Executive Director, Kelsey Howard!
Main Street Siloam Springs is thrilled to announce the official hiring of our new executive director, Kelsey Howard. A long-time resident of Siloam Springs and graduate of John Brown University, Kelsey mixes the love for her hometown with her passion for place-making and downtown revitalization and sustainability. Kelsey is also a Kirchner Rotary Scholar, receiving her Masters in Art History with Emphasis in Early Modern Architecture at the University of London, and is excited to use her knowledge to serve her community. Kelsey has also served as a member of the Siloam Springs Museum Board of Directors, and was most recently the Educational Programs Manager at the Scott Family Amazeum in Bentonville.
Main Street Siloam Springs Board President Meghan Feyerabend says of the hiring: “Main Street’s work is so important for our community, and as a board we are confident that Kelsey Howard will be able to continue the great work already started and take our organization, and downtown Siloam Springs, to the next level.”
Kelsey is excited for the opportunity to lead Main Street Siloam Springs. “Siloam Springs’ downtown is the setting of many of my favorite memories since childhood. I am honored and eager to further the community’s vision to preserve and promote what makes this place unique, as well as help downtown cultivate a new collection of special memories for visitors and all who call it home.”
Main Street Siloam Springs is happy to provide for the fifth year in a row, with the help of Main Street Arkansas, a matching grant cycle to help defray the costs of exterior improvement to historic buildings in downtown Siloam Springs.
Applications are due September 15, 2016 by 5pm. No applications will be accepted after this date.
Applicants should review the grant guidelines thoroughly before completing an application. The links to pdfs of both the guidelines and application are below.
UPDATE JULY 28, 2016: THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED.
Main Street Siloam Springs is seeking an excellent, qualified and passionate individual to administer the daily operations of the organization; to implement, plan, and coordinate all aspects of downtown revitalization, including downtown promotions, economic vitality, and design.
A successful candidate should have knowledge of, or experience in, as many of the following fields as possible: historic preservation, economic development, urban planning, real estate, nonprofit administration, special events and marketing, and volunteer management. Also essential are strong interpersonal and team-building skills, superior organizational skills, supervisory experience and the ability to work independently with a flexible schedule.
The executive director will administrate all details related to the running of Main Street Siloam Springs and will report to the Main Street Siloam Springs Board President. Tasks will include accounting, fundraising & grant-seeking, event planning, marketing and communication, and community engagement. Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Work with staff to pay all bills and send & track accurate invoices as needed for event sponsors, registrants, etc. Keep accurate records of all accounts.
- Plan and execute an annual investor campaign. Execute all event sponsorship obligations. Maintain frequent contact with donors and sponsors throughout the year.
- Plan monthly Board Meetings and prepare all appropriate reports.
- Work with event coordinator to plan and host all annual events, including Farmers Market, the Main Event, and the Homegrown Festival as the largest of those events. Manage volunteer committees as appropriate.
- Work with event coordinator to manage social media accounts and website.
- Execute all details of Main Street Siloam Springs’ contract for services with the City of Siloam Springs, which includes contracting grant writers where appropriate to seek out and manage grant funds for downtown related projects. Attend City Board Meetings whenever possible.
- Maintain frequent contact with downtown business and property owners
- Keep track of downtown property and business developments, record current rental rates and significant developments, and send a monthly report as required to Main Street Arkansas on these downtown reinvestment statistics.
- Advocate for the implementation of the Siloam Springs Downtown & Connectivity Master Plan.
Qualifications and Experience
The executive director should possess the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in one or more of the following fields: historic preservation, economic development, urban planning, real estate, nonprofit administration, special events and marketing, or volunteer management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project-management skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter; experience and aptitude managing long-distance internal and external relationships.
- Attention to detail and problem solving, with a demonstrated capacity to meet deadlines and a commitment to customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- A commitment to the mission of the Main Street Siloam Springs.
- Unquestionable ethics and personal integrity.
- A high level of discretion, judgment and confidentiality for both business and personal affairs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects and/or controls. The employee is required to sit, walk, talk and hear, and move/carry files. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
About Main Street Siloam Springs
Main Street Siloam Springs is a 501c3 non-profit preservation-based economic development organization. Our mission is to preserve and enhance historic downtown Siloam Springs as a vibrant destination through four focus areas: building and maintaining a sustainable organization, encouraging and empowering good design, promoting individual businesses and downtown as a whole, and activating economic vitality through business services and urban planning efforts. Main Street Siloam Springs is a passionate enthusiast of downtown Siloam Springs and the catalyst for many development projects and exciting events in downtown Siloam Springs.
Siloam Springs is a community of approximately 15,000 in western Benton County in Northwest Arkansas. Downtown Siloam Springs is approximately half a square mile in size, and includes a National Register Historic District with 58 buildings, 36 of which are contributing to the district.
Main Street Siloam Springs is a fully accredited Main Street Arkansas City, and works closely with Main Street Arkansas and the National Main Street Center to maintain accreditation and serve the community of Siloam Springs.
With a staff of two, including the director position, along with seasonal interns, a working Board of Directors, and other volunteers, Main Street Siloam Springs accomplishes a great many things each year. Some of our accomplishments over the last five years include:
- Leveraging donor investments to obtain over a half a million dollars of grant funds for various projects
- 13 buildings downtown have been significantly or completely renovated or restored, and three more projects are on the way
- Over 15,000 volunteer hourshave been contributed to downtown events and projects and cleanups
- Siloam Springs was named one of the Top 4 Best Main Streets in Americaby Parade Magazine in 2014
- Siloam Springs has won 12 awards from Main Street Arkansas, including the “Spirit of Main Street” Award in 2014
- $430,000 in Historic Preservation Tax Credits have been utilized in downtown Siloam Springs preservation projects
- 30 new businesses have openedand sustained business, creating 91 new jobs
- A vibrant calendar of events, including the Siloam Springs Farmers Market and the Homegrown Festival, keeps visitors coming often to downtown
- In 2014, Main Street facilitated the creation of the Siloam Springs Downtown & Connectivity Master Plan. The City adopted the final plan in August 2014. In March of this year, voters approved a dedicated funding source for quality of life improvements, which helps ensure the implementation of the plan.
- In 2014, four public art pieces, including a large mural, were completed downtown as part of Main Street’s “Beyond the Frame” event series.
- Main Street created the Downtown Design Guide and has distributed over 13 Facade Mini-Grants
Job Compensation and Benefits, Application Information
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Some travel will be necessary.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and references to Meredith Bergstrom at email@example.com referencing “Executive Director Posting”.
Please be sure to reference the job responsibilities and your relevant qualifications and experience in your cover letter, and explain clearly how your skills and experience would be a good fit.